Lamar Joseph Odom is a South Jamaican-born American former professional basketball player. Odom is a member of the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers. In 2009 and 2010, he won NBA championships and was named the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year in 2011. As of 2022, Lamar Odom’s net worth is estimated to be $30 Million.
|Full Name||Lamar Joseph Odom|
|Date of Birth||November 6, 1979|
|Birthplace||Queens, New York, Unites States|
|Profession||Professional NBA Player|
|Net Worth||$30 million|
Early Life & Education
- Odom was born to Joe Odom and Cathy Mercer in South Jamaica, Queens, New York City. His father was an alcoholic and a heroin addict.
- When he was only 12 years old, his mother died of colon cancer. She reportedly told him on her deathbed, “Be nice to everyone.” Mildred Mercer, Odom’s maternal grandmother, raised him thereafter.
- Odom attended Christ the King Regional High School in Middle Village, Queens, for his first three years of high school.
- He transferred out of the school at the start of his senior year due to poor grades, first to Troy, New York’s Redemption Christian Academy, and then to New Britain, Connecticut’s now-defunct St. Thomas Aquinas High School where he was coached by Jerry DeGregorio.
- Odom was named Parade Player of the Year as a senior in 1997. Among other honors, he was named to the USA Today All-USA First Team and to the Parade All-American First Team for the second straight year.
- Odom played on the same AAU team as future NBA teammates Elton Brand and Ron Artest (later known as Metta World Peace) while still in high school; he also attended the Adidas ABCD Camp alongside future Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant. Sonny Vaccaro, president of Adidas, remarked at the time that Odom possessed a “$2 million smile.”
Lamar Odom Net Worth & Career
In the 1999 NBA Draft, Odom was selected by the Los Angeles Clippers. He appeared as a starting forward for the ‘Miami Heat’ only in 2003-04. He averaged 13.1 points per game and 9.7 rebounds in the Heat’s fourth-place playoff finish.
Despite sustaining a left shoulder injury toward the end of his rookie season with the Lakers, he averaged an impressive 15.2 points per game. He continued to demonstrate consistency over the next three seasons, including consecutive triple-doubles against the ‘Golden State Warriors’ and ‘Portland Trail Blazers.’
Odom was benched as the Lakers’ sixth man for the majority of the 2008-09 season after coming out of pre-season training camp out of shape. Despite his reservations at first, he embraced his new role on the team. He declined an offer from Miami following the season and remained with the Lakers.
The years 2008 to 2010 were the pinnacle of his career. He played a significant role in the Lakers’ two consecutive ‘NBA Championships’ victories, averaging 11.3 and 10.8 points per game.
He had previously represented his country at the ‘2004 Summer Olympics’ and the ‘2010 FIBA World Championships, where he won bronze and gold medals, respectively.
Odom was a regular on E! ’s reality television show ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’ as Khloé Kardashian’s husband. They launched their own show, ‘Khloé & Lamar,’ in 2011.
Lamar Odom Net Worth
As of 2022, Lamar Odom net worth is estimated to be $30 million. His salary and endorsements account for the majority of his net worth.
Odom earned an average of $8 million per year as an NBA player. His best deal came with the Lakers, where he earned $8.2 million.
Lamar Odom Net Worth Growth
|Net worth in 2022||$30 million|
|Net worth in 2021||$26 million|
|Net worth in 2020||$23 million|
- Lamar Joseph Odom is a South Jamaican-born American former professional basketball player.
- He was born to Joe Odom and Cathy Mercer in South Jamaica, Queens, New York City.
- In the 1999 NBA Draft, Odom was selected by the Los Angeles Clippers.
- As of 2022, the net worth of Lamar Odom is estimated to be $30 million.